There's no doubt about it: the perfect eye look is created when we create beautiful, dramatically long eyelashes have. It is unbelievable what a great effect gorgeous eyelashes have on the overall appearance and facial expression. Unfortunately, not every woman is lucky enough to have naturally long and beautiful lashes. Of course, you can always help them along with mascara, but sometimes that's just not enough. That's why many are turning to eyelash extensions these days. We explain here how it works and what the advantages and disadvantages of eyelash extensions are.
This is how eyelash extensions work!
How does a Eyelash extension actually? With a professional Eyelash lift an eyelash stylist sticks eyelash by eyelash onto the natural lash line with a skin-friendly adhesive. The special glue is of course no longer visible once it has dried completely. The fake eyelashes are very elastic and you can choose between different lengths, thicknesses and curves.
n. Depending on the technique, eyelash thickening lasts about three to five weeks. The treatment takes about one to two hours. Unfortunately, the price range here is relatively high: the cost of professional eyelash extensions can range from 45 to 350 euros. What you should know: Eyelash extensions are quite high-maintenance! Even though you don't have to apply mascara every day, you should comb your lashes every day. Also, be sure to avoid oil-based products when removing make-up, as oil and grease can soften the eyelash glue. The result: the false Eyelashes fall out!
These eyelash extensions are available!
You can choose between the following variations of single eyelashes:
- Synthetic eyelashes: They are made of acrylic, are very robust and promise a beautiful shine! However, they are quite heavy on the lash line.
- Mink eyelashes: They feel lighter on the eye. Mostly they come from Asian countries. Unfortunately, animal welfare assumes that the animals are badly kept. Mink eyelashes are made either by combing the animals or by pulling off their fur. If you have a heart for animals, you should definitely avoid mink eyelashes! Fortunately, there are now alternatives that are also called mink eyelashes, but are artificially produced and do not cause any suffering to animals.
- Silk eyelashes: They are also artificially produced and have a silky sheen. The elegant curve of the silk eyelashes is particularly attractive and popular.
These strengths of eyelash extensions are available
There are different thicknesses of eyelash extensions from 0.03mm to 0.25mm. Good to know: The finer the artificial eyelashes the easier they are to style. With the so-called volume technique, several individual lashes are attached to one natural lash. This creates significantly more volume and makes the eye look even more dramatic. Unfortunately, not every eyelash can hold that much volume. Professional eyelash stylists can estimate how heavy the eyelash extensions can be on your eye.
These are the advantages of eyelash extensions
- The perfect look after getting up: You wake up every morning with great lashes and the perfect look. The eyes are visually enlarged!
- Time saving: You'll be in the bathroom faster in the morning because artificial lashes always look like they've been freshly mascaraed. You also save money on mascara! For this, you should comb the eyelash extensions daily, as mentioned above.
- No more smudged mascara: Everyone knows it - mascara can unfortunately smudge quickly. This can no longer happen with eyelash extensions. With them, you can even jump into the water without worrying.
These are the disadvantages of eyelash extensions
- No more oily care products: One disadvantage is that with eyelash extensions you have to avoid oil-based care and make-up removal products. You should also be careful with sunscreen, because if oil gets on the lashes, the glue can quickly come off and the eyelash extensions fall off.
- Eyelash extensions cost money and time: The false eyelashes usually last three to five weeks. This means that you have to go for regular refills. This costs a lot of money and time.
- Eyelash extensions can be harmful: Every now and then it can happen that your lashes are thinned out or broken off after an extension. However, this only happens if the lash studio applies the extensions incorrectly or advises the client incorrectly. It is therefore important that you visit a good lash studio!
- They are fake: This means you will always feel like a fraud. We therefore recommend: Use an eyelash serum instead!
Lazru pushes your own lashes!
We fully rely on our Lazru eyelash and Eyebrow serum for long, beautiful eyelashes! It simply feels better to brush up your own natural lashes than to have foreign bodies on your eyes all the time! Lazru works quickly and effectively, and a cool side effect is that the product also makes your Eyebrows thicker. Lazru has been processed without any hormones or minoxidil and contains only natural ingredients such as valuable oils from ginger, real lavender, juniper and the Japanese cord tree.
Our eyelash and Eyebrow serum has been dermatologically tested and rated "very good". There are no known side effects. What you can rely on: Lazru optimally stimulates the sensitive hair roots in the eye area. For ideal results, use Lazru once or twice a day for three months. And you can look forward to beautiful, long eyelashes without extensions. No accessories are needed. Just give it a try!
Questions & Answers
Can I still use my eyelash curler with eyelash extensions?
No. The false eyelashes can break as a result. But it is no longer necessary, because the eyelash extensions already have a nice curl anyway.
Can I apply mascara to my lash extensions?
Of course you can. But it's not necessary because they always look like they've been mascaraed anyway. However, if you insist on adding extra drama to the look, never remove the mascara afterwards with oily make-up remover products. These can loosen the glue of the fake lashes, as mentioned above.
Is it possible to use inliners with eyelash extensions?
It is possible to apply eyeliner despite eyelash extensions, but you should never pull too hard on the eye when applying them. Otherwise the lashes can be damaged or fall off. And: The eyeliner should only be applied around the eyelash extensions and never through them.
As a content specialist, I have been dealing with all kinds of hair-related knowledge for years. At Lazru, I can deepen my focus and provide you with the information you need to effectively grow your eyelashes and Eyebrows.