Long, beautiful lashes look great! They make your eyes really shine and automatically give your face a dramatically elegant look. The sexy look makes all the difference!
But what can you do if you don't have long and thick eyelashes by nature? Sure, you can pimp your eyelashes with mascara and for special events you can even help them out with fake lashes. But nowadays there is also the popular option of a professional eyelash treatment. Eyelash extensionwhich creates the desired look for a longer period of time. However, you will need to top up your lashes from time to time. Here's how eyelash extensions work and how often you should go for a refill!
Eyelash extensions: How it works!
In a professional eyelash extension, an eyelash stylist applies individual eyelashes to your natural lash line with an adhesive. The special glue is of course no longer visible once it has dried completely. The Fake Lashes are elastic and you can choose between different thicknesses, lengths and curves. You can also choose whether you want synthetic lashes, mink lashes or silk lashes.
You can also choose which strength the Eyelash extensions should have. There are various thicknesses from 0.03mm to 0.25mm to choose from. Professional tip: The finer the artificial lashes, the easier they are to style afterwards. When using the volume technique, several lashes are applied to each natural lash. This gives you much more volume. However, not every natural lash can hold so much volume, as the fake lashes also have weight. Get detailed advice at the Lash Studio on how heavy the eyelash extensions can be on your eye. A professional eyelash extension takes about one to two hours.
How often you should go for a refill and how much it costs!
The durability of professional eyelash extensions is on average three to five weeks. After this period, the fake lashes must be renewed in order to maintain a well-groomed look, because by then the natural, usually lighter lashes can often be seen to have grown back. Individual fake eyelashes can also simply fall out over time. The cost of professional eyelash extensions can vary depending on the technique and material. On average, you pay between 45 and 350 euros for them. The price for filling depends on the number of eyelashes to be filled. On average, you pay between 50 and 80 euros.
The benefits of filling in eyelashes:
- You wake up with perfect lashes: Even the first glance in the morning looks perfect!
- You save time in the morning: How pleasant! You don't need to apply mascara in the morning. Only if you want to dramatise the look for certain occasions.
- Bye bye, panda look: Since professional eyelash extensions eliminate the need for daily mascara application, there are no more ugly smudged panda eyes when you cry, get caught in the rain or go to the pool or sauna!
The disadvantages of eyelash extensions
- No more oily care products: When having eyelash extensions, you should avoid oil-based care and make-up removal products. Sun cream is also dangerous for fake lashes: if it gets on your eyes, the eyelash glue can come off and an eyelash can quickly fall out. Too bad about the money!
- Eyelash extensions can damage the natural eyelashes: Every now and then, the natural eyelashes thin out and/or break off after an extension. However, this only happens if the fake eyelashes were applied improperly or you were given wrong advice. Make sure you choose a professional lash studio with good reviews!
- Treatment costs time and money: Eyelash extensions usually last from three to a maximum of five weeks. This means that you have to go for regular refills. This costs time and money and you always need a new appointment!
- Fake lashes are more maintenance intensive than you think: Even if you don't need to apply mascara every day, you still need to take good care of your fake lashes: You should comb them daily so that they always look beautifully groomed!
- The eyelashes are fake: Of course, this means you'll always feel like a fraud. So instead, we recommend using our Lazru Eyelash and Eyebrow Serum to pimp your natural lashes. For us, the best option!
It also works without filling up the eyelashes!
Instead of lengthening your eyelashes with fake lashes and having them refilled over and over again, you can simply rely on our Lazru Eyebrow and eyelash serum. The big advantage: You don't have false eyelashes all the time and thus foreign bodies on your eyes and you also get thick, beautiful Eyebrows with the serum! Lazru works quickly and extremely effectively!
No hormones were used in the production process. The product is also completely free of the controversial drug minoxidil, which can cause side effects! Our serum is made exclusively with natural ingredients: It contains precious oils from ginger, lavender, juniper and Japanese cordwood. Lazru has been dermatologically tested and rated "very good". Side effects are not known. Lazru stimulates the hair roots ideally from the inside. We recommend using the serum once or twice a day for three months. A professional Eyelash lift and the associated constant refilling become completely unnecessary with Lazru! Why not try Lazru before you go to an expensive lash studio?
Questions and answers
Is applying professional eyelash extensions painful?
No. Absolutely not. Most clients even fall asleep during the treatment and wake up with perfect lashes.
How long does it take to fill in eyelashes?
Depending on the technique, the initial treatment takes about 60 to 120 minutes. Filling up is much quicker: it only takes 30 to 60 minutes on average.
Can I remove my eyelash extensions myself at home?
Yes, but we recommend having them professionally removed at the same Lash Studio where they were applied. That way you can be sure they will be removed gently.